Terms and conditions
All the Terms of Service can be modified or changed within a weeks notice period to the users or without notice and us, ‘PAYFORWORKS.COM’ solely reserve the right for any changes in terms. These Terms will be effective as of the ‘Last-Modified’ date. Any continued use of our services after any alteration of terms will be considered as an acknowledgement and agreement of the modified Terms.
1. General terms and agreement
- The ‘Site’ refers to www.payforworks.com along with all its content, functionality and service on or through www.payforworks.com only.
- The Site and its services are available to individuals or companies with only one account.
- The clients or freelancers who have their accounts on PAYFORWORKS.COM are not our employees. They are self-sufficient clients or freelancers.
- All buyers/clients listed and buying services are independent clients, and are not on behalf of PAYFORWORKS.COM
- The clients and freelancers must create an account and register in PAYFORWORKS.COM to buy or sell Jobs in this site.
- PAYFORWORKS.COM is a platform for professional services in which the usual course of business is hosting independent jobs by clients and promoting freelance professionals.
- We promote and provide connections between the parties, but are not participants of any contracts or agreements between the freelancers and clients.
- We are governed by Indian regulations, and will not be liable to the prosecution or laws of any other country.
- If Payforworks find any kind of malicious activities like hacking, will lead to take action against the same under Indian rules and regulations.
Our site provides two types of accounts –1. Clients or Buyers (professional companies or individuals) and 2. Sellers (private companies or individuals together referred to as ‘freelancers’).
The client accounts can be registered free of charge.
Freelancer accounts can be registered as free or as premium membership which charges £15 for a month(one time payment) or £12 per month for an annual subscription or £100 annually(one time payment).
The user have to register for a single account, must provide accurate and complete information, and also keep their account information updated. No Users should have multiple accounts.
The data that users provide in the public profile of their account must comply with PAYFORWORKS.COM policies.
If you violate the terms and conditions given, PAYFORWORKS.COM has the right to restrict your access, temporarily or endlessly block your account, stop jobs you have in progress, warn buyers and freelancers of your actions or issue a warning.
a. Users are exclusively responsible for any actions that occur on their user account.
By publishing User Content, you affirm, represent, and warrant that:
- - You are the creator and the owner of the user content and have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to authorize PAYFORWORKS.COM and for the users of the service to use your user content as necessary.
- - User content or other content is not unlawful, defamatory, objectionable, profane, threatening indecent, pornographic, inaccurate, harassing, embarrassing, hateful, or otherwise inappropriate, may lead to permanently deactivate the account of the user.
- - User content does not infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third-party right, including any copyright, trade secret, trademark, moral rights, privacy rights, right of publicity, patent, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right and cause ‘PAYFORWORKS.COM’ to violate any law or regulation and Payforworks is not responsible for the same.
b. The eligibility of the freelancers and clients are evaluated frequently by ‘PAYFORWORKS.COM’. It is to ensure the quality standards and expectations of the top rated.
c. ‘PAYFORWORKS.COM’ retains the right to change a top rated status in light of such evaluation when not able to maintain their high-quality service through a severe drop in ratings or violation of our terms of service.
d. ‘PAYFORWORKS.COM’ retains the rights to reinstate a user, when a user has been previously suspended or terminated from using the services.
e. Users from all countries can register for free as clients and be a partaker of the services as long as they provide accurate information about themselves and a true representation of your business offerings with valid contact information – both Telephone and E-mail. Users should create a user profile with a description of their work history, experience, availability, rates, and other information. The user profiles should be updated as and when there is a change in the information provided.
f. User profiles will be displayed publicly and users are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their password. Users are responsible for all activities that occur in their account.
g. ‘PAYFORWORKS.COM’ does not carry out any background checks on Users and is not responsible for the user content and does not endorse users of the service. Users are free to leave reviews and add references.
h. ‘PAYFORWORKS’ is a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid right and license (with the right to sublicense) to host, display, perform, transfer, reproduce, store, modify for the purpose of formatting for display, and distribute your user content, in whole or in part, in any media formats for purposes of providing the service when posting a user content
i. ‘PAYFORWORKS.COM’ can remove, edit, or block any user content that violates the terms and conditions of ‘PAYFORWORKS’ or is otherwise objectionable. ‘PAYFORWORKS’ is in no way responsible or liable for the user content. ‘PAYFORWORKS’ has no responsibility or obligation to protect, any confidential information disclosed via the Site.
j. ‘PAYFORWORKS.COM’ is not responsible in the formation, maintenance, or cancellation of job agreements between the client and freelancer, other than hosting these Services, and is not a party to these job agreements.
k. ‘PAYFORWORKS’ does not engage in managing the clients or freelancers, finalize the working hours or schedule of work or the manner in which their work is performed.
l. ‘PAYFORWORKS’ will not replace the freelancers who are unable to fulfil a job agreement other than permitting clients to re-list the relevant job.
2a. Freelancer accounts (Sellers)
All registered freelancers can contest for the job after thoroughly going through the requirements of the client.
Once the requirements are provided in the job description or workspace by the Client,
- Freelancer can agree to a job cost.
- Once the client has accepted the cost and delivery time, the freelancer should provide regular updates on the workspace.
- Respond within one (1) working day to all messages from the client.
- Complete the job within the delivery timescales indicated in their offer description, error-free with standard quality as per the client’s defined requirements including the handover of all deliverables in the workspace.
- Freelancers are bound to complete the job on time and fulfil their orders without delay.
- Failing to deliver within these timescales may mean that the client is entitled to a refund in accordance with section.
- Late or non-delivery will negatively affect the freelancer's rankings on ‘PAYFORWORKS’.
- The rating of the freelancer is calculated based on the order reviews posted by clients. High ratings allow freelancers’ to obtain advanced levels.
- Extreme low ratings may lead to the suspension of the Freelancer’s account.
- For security concerns, ‘PAYFORWORKS.COM’ may temporarily disable a Freelancer’s ability to withdraw revenue to prevent fraudulent or illicit activity. This may be the result of security issues, improper behaviour which was reported by Client or associating multiple accounts to a single provider.
- Clients are granted all rights for the delivered work unless otherwise specified in their workspace.
- Freelancers gain account statuses (Levels) based on their performance and reputation.
- All direct communication between buyer and freelancer must go via the workspace to keep both parties protected in case of a dispute.
- Freelancers are strictly not allowed to contact the client outside of PAYFORWORKS.COM, failure in this will result in the suspending of related account forever.
Users should contact ‘PAYFORWORKS’ to immediately alert us in case of any suspicious activity on your account.
2b. Client accounts (Buyers)
- All registered clients can post their jobs as per their requirements.
- On approval of a job with the freelancer, the funds will be held in the Escrow account.
- The client will then need to provide all the required logins to finish the work. (as specified in the Offers description page) in the workspace so that the freelancer can get started.
- When a client cancels an order, it will affect the client's reputation and status. So in normal cases the clients may not cancel orders without cause
- Clients should not offer payments using any method other than ‘PAYFORWORKS.COM’ site. We won't be responsible for any transaction or works are done outside of PAYFORWORKS.COM workspace.
- The client's rating is calculated based on the order reviews posted by freelancers, seniority, volumes of jobs posted, extremely high ratings and good customer care. High ratings allow clients to obtain advanced client levels.
- Extreme low ratings may lead to the suspension of the Client’s account.
- Clients are responsible for paying any direct or indirect taxes, including any GST, VAT or otherwise, which may apply to them depending on residency or location and should comply at all times with their commitments under income tax provisions in their jurisdiction.
Once the payment is completed, the client reserves the full copyrights pertaining to the job.
‘PAYFORWORKS’ is not responsible for any workers that freelancers engage or hire. It is the responsibility of the clients to determine to employ freelancers and bear all risk of misclassification.
Users should contact ‘PAYFORWORKS.COM’ immediately to alert us in case of any suspicious activity on your account.
3. Job types
Jobs can be of 2 types – fixed jobs and hourly jobs.
Fixed jobs are jobs posted by the client with the exact description of the job, the price and the expected delivery time.
- Fixed jobs can be of any cost depends on the complexity of the job.
- A deposit will be made by the client when the job is accepted.
- Freelancers and clients should mutually agree for a cost and job deadline.
- Freelancers are expected to finish the job within the agreed timescale. Clients can ask for a refund if the freelancers failed to finish the job within the agreed timescale.
- Clients need to make sure the deposited money is released freelancers only when you see a milestone delivery is achieved and you are happy with this.
3.b. Hourly jobs
Hourly jobs are jobs posted by the Client with the exact description but for the time spent per hour rate, not on the real or perceived quality of any deliverables provided.
The Freelancer must provide the Client with a breakdown of their billed hours as evidence when requested.
The freelancers are required to send a detailed timescale with exact hours each job can take. Once the full payment has been made as per the job (hourly or fixed), clients are granted all rights for the delivered work.
a. Payment Methods
- All the payments by the client to the freelancer must be only through the ‘PAYFORWORKS.com’ site and not through any other means.
- Payment methods currently include credit/debit cards and Paypal. A current payment method must be on file at all times for all users with profiles.
- ‘PAYFORWORKS.COM’ reserves the right to change and expand its payment options.
- Users acknowledge that in order to use, and to continue to use, sections of the service, a valid withdrawal method must be provided to ‘PAYFORWORKS.COM’.
- A current withdrawal payment method must be on file at all times for all users with Profiles.
- By entering a payment method into the service, users acknowledge they are legally authorized to access that payment Method.
- If a withdrawal method is declined or failed, users acknowledge that they are responsible.
- Freelancer can raise a request for payment once the job or the milestone has been completed.
- Any request for payment upfront before work has been completed will not be entertained.
- Clients must pay the freelancer within a period of 7 days after the work is finished.
- All payments to the freelancer will be stopped if the ‘PAYFORWORKS.COM’ suspects any fraud or violation of policies.
- ‘PAYFORWORKS.COM’ is not responsible for paying freelancers when a client fails to pay other than in the escrow money.
- Freelancers need to make sure a deposit is made for the total job at once or as milestones.
b. For Hourly Payment
The client should deposit money in an escrow account in order to start an hourly job. The deposit amount needs to be discussed by both freelancer and client. The freelancer can raise an invoice and submit through the workspace upon the completion of the job or as milestones. Upon the receipt of the invoice, the client can review the invoice and either accept or decline within a week time. Any funds held in escrow will be allotted to the freelancer automatically after a week if there is no objection by the client. In case of disagreement, the client has to raise the issue with the freelancer and inform ‘PAYFORWORKS.COM’ through the site for cancellation of payment.
If the job has not been completed, then the buyer can reject the invoice providing the freelancer with detailed feedback of the incomplete work in the workspace. The client should grant two chances to the freelancer for the deliverables based on detailed feedback from the client.
c. For Fixed Payments
The client should deposit money in an escrow account in order to start a fixed job. The deposit amount needs to be discussed by both freelancer and client. The freelancer can raise an invoice and submit through the workspace upon the completion of the job or as milestones. The payment will be released to the freelancer from the escrow account as soon as the invoice is paid by the client unless there is a dispute raised by the client.
d. Escrow Account
A contractual agreement between ‘PAYFORWORKS.COM’ and the client will be created for holding funds by ‘PAYFORWORKS’ in the means of Escrow for a particular job.The disbursement of funds will be as per the conditions mutually agreed by both the client and freelancer according to the Job type. Funds held by ‘PAYFORWORKS.COM’ on the platform are not insured nor covered by any financial services compensation scheme or any other government agency. ‘PAYFORWORKS.COM’ is not a bank and we will be holding the funds in a separate client account. No interest will be applicable for the funds deposited in the account.
For each payment between each client and freelancer, ‘payforworks.com’ will deduct seven and a half percent (7.5%) of the payment volume as a “Service Fee”. ‘PAYFORWORKS’ is not responsible in case of payment failure by the client. In the aftermath of a non-payment by a client through the service, ‘PAYFORWORKS’ may seek payment directly from the client or take any legal action against client available under applicable law
‘PAYFORWORKS.COM’ is not responsible for any taxes for any users of the service. ‘PAYFORWORKS.COM’ is only responsible for filing, reporting, and paying applicable taxes on any earnings for their end only in accordance with all applicable laws. All clients are responsible for obtaining all necessary documentations required directly from freelancers before engaging them.
5. Jobs cancellations
Once an agreement is affixed for a particular job between a freelancer and client, ‘PAYFORWORKS.COM’ does not encourage both the client and freelancer to cancel the job. Freelancers must fulfill their jobs and clients agree to pay for work delivered.
Users will be penalised for cancellations or refunds caused by them, without just reason. Our support executive will closely review your communication in case any dispute and the decision will be final. Dispute process charge £10 from the person who initiate this which will be deducted from the account. Freelancers must provide, and be given the opportunity by the client to provide, at least two further iterations on the work delivered if the client is not initially satisfied.
After the Commencement of a job, the Client may request a cancellation –
- if the job has been cancelled by the initial client or company.
- if there are unresolved disputes with the freelancer.
- if the Client is certain that the freelancer cannot fulfill his part (the quality of work).
- if the freelancer failed to reply to the messages in 48 hours.
In case of cancellation of a job without a negligence from the part of the Freelancer, Freelancer is entitled to payment from the client for the handed over works till the cancellation.
If there are funds in the escrow account and the client believes they are entitled to a refund, they can notify ‘PAYFORWORKS.COM’ of the cancellation by requesting a refund using the “Request Refund” action on the workspace.
A Client is entitled to receive a refund of funds held in the Escrow account under the following circumstances:
- If the freelancer has not responded in the workspace within 48 hours of the commencement of the job.
- If the freelancer did not deliver the scope of work within the delivery timescales indicated in the proposal.
- If any money left in escrow after the full job completion.
- If the deliverables provided by the freelancer do not meet the terms defined in the job specification.
‘PAYFORWORKS.COM’ can also authorize a refund if the client and freelancer mutually agree to a refund for reasons other than the previous clause and informed by writing ‘PAYFORWORKS.COM’. Refunds are only applicable to funds held in the Escrow account. Money is non-refundable in the case of already released funds from the Escrow account.
Buyers must avoid filing a dispute or reversing payment through their credit card holder, Bank or PayPal. Attempts to seek a refund in this way will lead to the Buyer's account being automatically suspended.
Users are seriously discouraged from causing cancellations and refunds. Refunds will impact users in their status and ranking in the ‘PAYFORWORKS.COM’ platform according to their lapse.
If a user attributes multiple refunds, it will lead to temporary and/ or permanent restrictions on their account depending upon the intensity.
- All direct communication between buyer and freelancer should go via the workspace to keep both parties protected in case of a dispute.
- Any dispute arising between clients and freelancers should be informed to ‘PAYFORWORKS’ through writing and specifically informed if any payment has to be put on hold.
- ‘PAYFORWORKS’ is not responsible for paying freelancers when a client fails to pay. In the event of non-payment by a client through the service, freelancers can seek payment directly from clients or take any legal action against clients available under applicable law.
- ‘PAYFORWORKS’ does not guarantee the quality or delivery of any work or services provided by freelancers to clients. Also, ‘PAYFORWORKS’ does not guarantee the client credibility, especially regarding the payment.
- In the case a raising dispute, both clients and freelancers are encouraged to come to a mutual agreement before raising a dispute. ‘PAYFORWORKS.COM’ will take £10 as a fee from the party who initiates a dispute process to act as an intermediary in any dispute.
- Payments are non-disputable via the service once payment has been released to the freelancer. In the case of a dispute after payments have been released, clients must directly contact the freelancer to request any refunds. Clients can seek legal action under applicable law.
- For all disputes, the maximum refund amount clients can be awarded is the full amount of the invoice which is disputed.
- Once the dispute period expires, client will be deemed to have accepted the freelancer’s services and fees and can no longer dispute them. The freelancer’s payment will then be processed.
8. Payforworks fees
There will be a fixed service fee of 3.5% of the amount for each and every transaction which has been done through Payforworks.
8.1. Buyer (Client) Fees
At present there is no buyer (client) fees charged by Payforworks. Any variation will be notified in two weeks notice period. These changes will be reflected in updated terms issued by us, which will apply to any transactions that take place after the updated fees come into force.
- Forty pounds (£ 40), Ten pounds (£ 10), and Ten pounds (£ 10) will be charged to the client when the client chooses to mark a job listing as ‘skilled', ‘featured' and ‘urgent' respectively with a prominent symbol that will make it stand out.
- The above charges are non-refundable which includes the time and effort spent by our team to review these jobs. ‘PAYFORWORKS’ will ensure that these jobs are given high levels of exposure on our site.
‘PAYFORWORKS’ is not responsible and does not guarantee the success rate of any jobs.
8.2. Seller (Freelancer) fees
There will be a 7.5% fixed commission charge on freelancer earnings.
Credits are used to send proposals to the clients and jobs. In normal case, free users will have 15 credits and 40 credits for the pro users. In addition to that, a freelancer can buy credits.
Credits purchase costs:
|5 Credits||£ 5|
|10 Credits||£ 9|
|25 Credits||£ 14|
|50 Credits||£ 22|
Any changes in the above mentioned will be updated in terms of a weeks notice.
9. Currency conversion
‘PAYFORWORKS’ currently operates in pounds but all the transactions will be in INR. If you require a transaction within the Payforworks site which involves a currency conversion, it will be completed at a foreign exchange rate determined by an official institution, which is adjusted on a regular base. Exchange rate fluctuations are not under Payforworks control.
A currency conversion fee will be applied every time Payforworks performs a currency conversion.
All the foreign transaction fee rates will be provided by the respective banks and card issuer.
10. Privacy statement
‘PAYFORWORKS’ may use user content to gather feedback regarding your experience you have with our platform for the progress of our business. If you object in transferring your information in this way, then you must avoid using our services.
Your name and personal details shall be used for identity purposes for conducting business in this online marketplace. This may include on invoices and purchase orders including, but not limited between transacting parties, including all those automatically generated on awarding, accepting and payment.